While drug tests are becoming increasingly commonplace in employment, passing a drug test can be done through some very simple methods. Among the easiest choices, you can even use readily available home remedies! One of the most potent ways of detoxing for a drug test, particularly a hair drug test, is by using apple cider vinegar.
The Science Behind Apple Cider Vinegar
The primary metabolite of marijuana that is tested is THC-COOH. The metabolites can travel and deposit to different parts of the body and is very concentrated in the sweat glands of the scalp region. In addition to this, the metabolites can further deposit in hair follicles.
This is where the use of apple cider vinegar becomes most effective. Due to its acidic nature, the fluid has properties that can work on the cuticle (outer layer of the follicle), flush out and neutralize the drug metabolites effectively. However, it is not powerful enough to break into the cortex (inner layer) of the follicle.
Reviews have shown that this method is most effective for light users with a lower concentration of drugs in their system, although this would depend on the characteristics of each individual. To this end, pairing the use of apple cider vinegar with other methods for hair detoxing can help to increase the detoxification rate and boost the results as well.
What Will You Need
The basic ingredient is, of course, apple cider vinegar. It’s recommended that you get a raw, unfiltered and organic version of the vinegar from a brand such as Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar. The less synthetic agents in the vinegar, the better!
If you are a heavy user, you may want to consider using the apple cider vinegar with other products. Feel free to browse the site for any ideas of remedies such as the Macujo Method (which uses the vinegar in combination with other products) that can boost your chances of passing this test with ease.
The procedure for this method is simple and straightforward.
- As is the case with most detox methods, the best way to start is to stop taking drugs for a specific period of time. Note that the longer the period, the stronger your chances of passing.
- This step depends on the nature of the user. If you are a light user, simply wash the hair with about 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar and massage thoroughly into the scalp. Continue to Step 3 if you are a heavy user or continue from Step 4 if you are a light user.
- Apply and massage the vinegar into the hair and scalp in conjunction with other products/methods such as the Macujo method and follow the instructions.
- Leave the vinegar for up to 30 mins and wear a shower cap.
- Wash and rinse the vinegar out of the hair.
If you wish, you can repeat this for a few washes. In terms of hair damage, apple cider vinegar can make the hair brighter, but frequent use can cause it to become brittle too. Therefore, this is only an issue with long term use.